Lamar County PFL
Address and Telephone:
455 Fishing Lake Road
Sulligent, AL 35586
- 68 acre lake
Contour maps (PDF 189 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, crappie, and hybrid striped bass.
Lamar County Lake is located 8 miles west of Vernon on Alabama Highway 18 in Sulligent, Alabama. From Vernon take Alabama Hwy 18 west for 9 miles, then right on County Road 21 for 5-1/2 miles, then left on Fishing Lake Road to Lamar County Lake.
Hours of Operation:
Open sunrise to sunset:
- February 1 - June 30: Open six days each week. Closed Tuesdays.
- July 1 - November 30: Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
- December 1 - January 31: Closed.
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier ** ADA Compliant **
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks) ** ADA Compliant **
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.