The Upper Delta WMA Shooting Range range provides shooting opportunities at distances up to 100 yards. The facility is unique in that it requires the barrel of firearms to be inserted into a steel tube prior to discharging ammunition. The bullet travels through a 20 foot steel pipe and then downrange into the target and impact berm. A small concrete pad to shoot shotguns at clay targets is located to the south of the rifle range. The rifle range is wheelchair accessible and has a concrete walkway for downrange access to the target lines. The range is located approximately 9 miles north of Stockton, AL off of the St. Lukes Church Road. Please click on the google map link to view an aerial image of the range location. GPS coordinates for the range are: 31 deg. 07' 47.08" N 87 deg. 50' 55.76" W”. A valid hunting, heritage, fishing, or WMA license is required for all shooting range users between the ages of 16-64. Licenses are easily obtained by visiting the licensing page of this website. Purchasing a license can be done in one of three ways: 1) Online by clicking here 2) By calling 1-888-848-6887 3) Visit a retail vendor in your community Range Regulations
- Range is open during daylight hours only (except by permit).
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Any legal firearm and ammunition, except armor-piercing or tracer, may be used on target range.
- Keep all firearms unloaded and muzzles pointed in a safe direction when not firing. Action on uncased guns shall be open when not on the firing line.
- All persons are to remain behind the shooter while firing is taking place. No firing shall be allowed while anyone is down range.
- All firearms (except as noted below in # 7) shall only be fired from designated stations on the concrete shooting line into the embankment at stationary paper targets. Targets must be placed so shots will impact the embankment no higher than 5’ above ground level at the base of the embankment. Only one person may shoot from each designated location at any given time.
- Shotguns with no. 4 shot or smaller may be fired at moving clay targets on designated clay areas only.
- All used targets, brass, shotgun hulls, and other trash shall be placed in a garbage can, or removed from the range.
- It shall be illegal to violate any posted restriction.