Crenshaw County Public Fishing Lake
Manager: Lee Simmons with the City of Luverne Parks and Recreation Department
Address and Telephone:
1075 County Lake Road
Luverne, AL 36049
(334) 335-3103 or (334) 403-0212
- 53 acre lake
- Contour maps (166 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, and crappie.
Crenshaw County Lake is located 5 miles south of Luverne off US Highway 331. From Luverne, go south on US Hwy 331 for 2-1/2 miles, then right on County Lake Road to Crenshaw County Lake.
Hours of Operation:
Open sunrise to sunset:
- Open five days a week
- Closed Tuesday and Wednesday
- Closed December 1 - January 31
- Night Fishing until 12:00 midnight: Friday, July 28, 2017 and Saturday, July 29, 2017
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks)
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.