Barbour County Public Fishing Lake
Address and Telephone:
30 State Lake Road
Midway, AL 36053
- 75 acre lake
- Contour maps (PDF 263 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map - To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, and channel catfish.
Barbour County Lake is located 6 miles north of Clayton in Midway, Alabama. From Clayton, take Alabama Hwy. 51 north for 1 mile, then right on County Road 49 for 5-1/2 miles to Barbour County Lake.
From Eufaula, take Highway 82 west for 17 miles, turn left onto County Road 49 for 6.7 miles to Barbour County Lake.
Hours of Operation: The lake will be closed from May 30 to June 2, 2017 and again from June 19-22 2017 for management activities.
Open sunrise to sunset:
- February 1 - June 30: Open six days each week. Closed Wednesdays.
- July 1 - November 30: Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- December 1 - January 31: Open Thursday-Sunday.
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks)
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.